Saturday, November 22, 2008

today's thoughts

This weekend wraps up the end of my second recovery week, which means Monday I start Phase 3. I am really excited to BRING IT with the last phase and still get awesome results even through the holidays. I am going to be adding a little extra to my Friday workouts, which as is right now just Legs and Back along with Ab Ripper X. I am going to be adding 2 hand kettlebell swings. I did them today with my 20lb kettlebell just to see how many I could do without stopping. Well I got to 100 and stopped. I could have done more but I figured I shouldn't since it is my recovery week. I thought 100 was pretty good. I was definitely feeling it though in my glutes, hamstrings and forearms but not so much in my back. So I was talking with a good friend of mine, who happens to love working out with kettlebells, Mike French (you ROCK btw) and he told me that I need a heavier kettlebell. I was surprised that I could do 100 to begin with but the more I talked to him about it I knew he was right. One, it really wasn't too much of a challenge. Second, I would feel it more in my back if I had a heavier weight. So I am going to go to Sports Authority and see what weights they have in kettlebells. I am thinking about getting a 35lb and 55lb. Its crazy to think that a 20lb kettlebell was a good weight for me to use when I got it early this summer but that now even though I haven't even finished one round of P90X that I need to up my weight. I have even thought of switching out the band that I use for my pull ups. I currently am using the green band but I end up doing 20 reps pretty easy. So I have thought of switching it to the black band. I am thinking that if that becomes easy, I need to figure out a way to mount a pull up bar in my room. What I also might do is on the days where I workout my back is add some extra rows with the heavier kettlebells.

that's it for now....

BRING IT!

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment